Friday, April 19, 2013

KRTS Marfa Public Radio

It's that time of year again.  Headed to the big city of Marfa for the annual spring pledge drive for KRTS.  You can tell by the expressions on the faces which way the money went.  Honestly though, I love the programming and all the folks at our local NPR station and was happy to contribute my 5th year in a row.  Baby Ben and Carl even made it into their yearbook for last year.

Picked up a few supplies and got home in time to put together a gaudy gift from my friend Bobbie House.  I have to admit - it kinda adds some class to the ol' Airstream.

Since not much exciting is going on with my webcam these days, you might like to check out my friend Melanie Wilfong's live feed from a horned owl nest in her barn.  She is the owl whisperer....
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lone-star-great-horned-owls-web-cam  63,73,44,0,B,0

2 comments:

Allen Hare said...

Good for you for supporting your local NPR station. I love and support my local station KERA here in Dallas.

Have you done anything to the Airstream lately? It has so much potential. I'd buy it from you if you want to get rid of it.

John Wells said...

I would part with the gutted airstream for $3000 cash.