Thursday, May 21, 2015

just so so

My surgeon still won't commit to allowing me some weight bearing - more healing going on but my hardware is blocking a little too much of the view in the xrays.  Scheduled me for a cat scan next week.  Then it will be OK to walk...or wait some more...or a bone graft.  My doctor reminded me that my break was about as bad as it could be - without loosing my foot.  Got no choice but to roll with the punches.
Checked the weather down south before I headed out and it didn't look good.  Drizzle all the way from Odessa to about 20 miles south of Alpine.  Started thinking I might get swamped out.  There was a big thunderstorm south of TFL but it slid by.  My road home was dry as a bone.  68,73,61,0,B

13 comments:

gumo said...

...no pun intended...

Bruce S said...

Hoping the best on your healing leg.
I watched the radar today and it looks like my place got some of the storm. Looks like you squeezed by.

Unknown said...

Texas is lookin good.
Prayers for your health.

Craig said...

Read an article this week about young blood healing old bones in mice, ask the surgeon for some. :)

Margery Billd said...

Pretty picture. Good you are going forward and not backwards.

HordeHey said...

Hang in there John. In no time you'll be good as new. Maybe when those rods come out you can melt em down into next years coins. hmm wonder what kinda heat would be needed to melt them. Interesting....

Rita B. said...

Gobble up some calcium. Drink more milk. Yogurt, beans, oranges. Looks like you're getting plenty of rain this morning.

texas rancher said...

That's the bad part of good insurance. You will not be fully healed until the insurance money runs out!

Rev.jimmyleebob said...

You're like 6 months into this thing, yeah ? Gotta be tough. I have people ask me all the time, you used to to this and that and now you don't do anything...why ? I repy, that's because I retired. The reason being I don't bounce anymore. Simply not willing to pay the price..

Unknown said...

That sure is a nice lookin' road!

Margery Billd said...

Rev., yeah that's me now too. Gotta use some sense. Asked today to go to LA and the persaon was shocked when I said no.

rondeb said...

Wish you were healing faster. Has to be frustrating.

David Hooper said...

Hang in there! Do it once, and do it right!