Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Leave It To Neil

My friend Neil in the UK passed this on to me on Facebook today.  The stamp act of 1906 which governs the sale of precious metals in the US.  I researched this two years ago when I did the first round of minting.  To the best of my knowledge, every piece I have sold so far (and intend to sell in the future) "has been within the actual fineness of the silver or alloy thereof of which such article is wholly or partly composed shall not be less by more than four one-thousandth parts than the actual fineness indicated by any mark".  Regardless of the silver content...each piece contains 100% love.
No one knows how many laws there are in the United States.  Apparently, no one can count that high.
They’ve been accumulating, of course, for more than 200 years.  When federal laws were first codified in 1927, they fit into a single volume.  By the 1980s, there were 50 volumes of more than 23,000 pages.
And today?  Online sources say that no one knows.  The Internal Revenue Code alone, first codified in 1874, contains more than 3.4 million words and, if printed 60 lines to the page, is more than 7,500 pages long.  There are about 20,000 laws just governing the use and ownership of guns.
New laws mean new crimes.  From the start of 2000 through 2007, Congress had created at least 452 new crimes, so that at that time the total number of Federal crimes exceeded 4,450.
Of course, times change and laws need to be updated.  But many laws detract from, rather than contribute to, our quality of life and overall well-being.  It is impossible for anyone to know all of the laws that affect them and it is, therefore, impossible to not break any laws.  How many of the 4,450 laws have you broken?
- See more at: http://www.kowal.com/?q=How-Many-Federal-Laws-Are-There%3F#sthash.iKeYpwGo.dpuf  
83,94,68,0,B

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't beat 100% love.

Bruce S said...

Love the love John.
Unfortunately, ignorance of the Law is no excuse.

Margery Billd said...

True

vwrobb@gmail.com said...

Ignorance of the law (we have too many to count) is not an excuse and basic transportation (driving) is a privlige not a right here in the land of the free!

Margery Billd said...

But a person could or might get some leniency depending on the law, state, or situation if it is an obscure law or a different law in one state than in another (but not on guns such as in N.Y.). And then a persons job, connections, financial situation, age, looks, sex, social situation, mental state, the mood of the prosecuting person that day, etc. could have an affect (oops).

Dale said...

It'd be nice if they worried as much about that faith based script they have us use for money.

Judy said...

I woke up this morning and got out of bed. I sure I broke several laws between planting my feet on the floor and shuffling into the bathroom. In fact, I'm pretty sure I broke a law or two while I was a sleep. So when they come for me, they come for me, in the mean time, I will do my best to treat everybody as I would like to be treated.

Margery Billd said...

Lol. That's funny Judy. But you could do like the criminals around here and lie,lie,lie and the law might spare you and everyone would believe you and you could have a good reputation.