Tuesday, March 17, 2009

All is well...

Low 37 - High 94. Had one of those serendipitous days here at the Field Lab.... The morning started off with a small group of longhorns for breakfast. Trekked over to downtown this morning for a Native American Indian blessing of David's land. A perfect ceremony.

Got a call this morning from my FedEx driver asking how the road to my place was as he had my solar panel delivery from Harbor Freight. As far away from the real world as I am out here - delivery service is exceptional. I met the driver on the road after he had just dropped off my package... and he had a funny smile on his face. There were 24 longhorns all around my house when I got home. Lured them out with a snack by the end of my driveway.

Set the forms and poured concrete for one corner of container #3. The longhorns were all chilling out right next to the pieces of re bar I needed for the next pour. Drove out and they followed me over the hill north of my property then I zoomed around and came back to retrieve my re bar. If I had gone up to get it while they were in the vicinity - they would have followed me back to the house and I would have to keep chasing them away. Finished up the second pour by 3:3o. Just as I was setting the coin in the last pour, some visitors came by on motorcycles. These folks have been here before so I welcomed them.

The latest tour ended by 4:30 so jumped into the shower....perfect 108 degree water. Did my natural desert solar dry off then headed back East. Had rum'n'coke cocktail hour at Davids for more than just an hour. Came back out to the Field Lab and decided to build a bon fire. KRTS was playing classic rock tonight so I basked in the glow of the raging flames to Led Zeppelin. Does it get any better than that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning...what was your temperature range yesterday? Mine was 41 in the morning and 100 in the afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Dang

So Indians have given up on riding horses these days huh?

Ben in Texas said...

Naw,, all the Indians I know now ride Iron Horses!! :-)

Maybe he is a concrete Cowboy in disguise?

Anonymous said...

I knew when you started feeding the longhorns that they would adopt you (not you them) and to get any peace from them you would have to fool them to get around and now here it is. The only solution is for you to eat them.

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe that the native Americans once roamed this country. White man did a helluva job exterminating them. If you're lucky, you may happen onto a campsite area that they used for hundreds of years and you can still find bits and pieces of their everyday lives. That is, if the Bubbasazi haven't picked it clean...