Monday, March 16, 2009

On The Level

Long stretch of nothing really accomplished this morning - just a lot of basking in the desert sun. Beatrice and 4 unnamed longhorns snuck up on me from the south and I obliged them out at the end of my driveway. Beatrice came back in and got another snack at the house. They hung out by my road till noon then finally went NW for a drink. Spent the morning prepping and baking a loaf of the Field Lab Specialty Bread for my buddy David to help celebrate his house blessing tomorrow.
David and crew came out for a visit followed by my bodyguard....I chastised him for not keeping the riff-raff out. Gave them the full tour and sat in the shade for a bit to catch up on all the details that haven't been included in my blog. They took off at 5PM to head down to 241 night at the Starlight.
Took 2 late hours to level and set container #3. Had no trouble at all getting the low end jacked up and set in place. Now I have three 5000 lb. containers leveled within 3/16's of one another. Put off the shower for one more day as tomorrow will be an extra sweaty one what with setting the forms and pouring the next bit of concrete.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I missed it? But why even bother raising and going through all the work with concrete, forms and such? It looks fairly flat there. Could you not have just leveled the containers and call it a day?

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask the same question? But I am certain John has a plan why they are so high off the ground. Wait and see, Im sure it will be for a good reason.
James.

Anonymous said...

yeah, perfection in the desert. Take a perfect shower stinky ASS! I couldn't resist it. :-)

Ben in Texas said...

my off the wall guess is,, make it easier to see the snakes hiding underneath! :-)