Tuesday, March 31, 2009

camera down

Cleaned and cleared the courtyard...tweaked and torqued and prodded and pried - now 20,000 pounds of steel is leveled and lined up. Measured some diagonals and I seem to be way closer than close enough. Shifting all that weight successfully makes for a very satisfying day at the Field Lab. I got some more really good pictures, but.......

On the down side....I beefed up my internet security and downloaded window updates today. Now the computer doesn't recognize my camera. Ought to be fun figuring out what the dealeo is on this little glitch. Happens every time I start messing with the OS....Dang!

PROBLEM SOLVED!




10 comments:

k1p said...

Better than getting caught by the Conficker worm I guess.

neil said...

Is it a Canon by any chance?

John Wells said...

its a canon G9....any suggestions?

neil said...

I see you have a Powershot G9....

Install the latest ZoomBrowser EX 6.3.1 Updater.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=321&modelid=15669

*NOTE: RAW Image Task(RAW image processing) is not included in ZoomBrowser EX 6.3.1 Updater. If you want to use them in ZoomBrowser EX 6.3.1, please download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater after installing ZoomBrowser EX 6.3.1 Updater.
ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater can be downloaded separately.

John Wells said...

thanks.... I'll give it a shot when I get back...hitting the road to Marfa this morning to renew my membership to KRTS and pick up some new solar panels in Alpine.

neil said...

a windows update has caused older versions of zoombrowser to stop working.

On my computer I could not use zoombrowser. But, if I went to 'My Computer', the camera was listed there along with my other drives and I could browse the photos on my camera using windows explorer.

I updated zoom browser and it started working again. The download is 134MB, so in the meantime you may find that your carera's contents are available by windows explorer and you can drag and drop the files.

Anonymous said...

It's for reasons like this that I am now a Mac user! :)

Carl in Houston said...

hope you get her working again soon. i wondered what kind of camera you were using. the G9 is a sweet camera!

Robin said...

RE: Camera Down
Did you take off the lens cap ? :)

Dave B. said...

how do you move those containers? a jack?