Sunday, March 22, 2009

more new longhorns

Began the day early (5:30AM) but was rewarded with a very nice sunrise a couple hours later. Had a big crew in for breakfast this morning including two more new calves - Freckles (with mamma Frieda) and Kahuna. Fed them at the end of the road then Beatrice, Guillermo, and another calf came up to the house for some personal attention. Guillermo is quite friendly now and enjoys getting his head scratched. Those 3 watched while I wired up my new inverter for the wind turbine battery house.









The visiting relatives headed down to Study Butte to do laundry this morning. Cousin Phil is working on a cold so opted out for some bed rest today. Liz and Markus came out and we toured around for a couple of hours. Who needs to go to the National Park when there is so much to see around here. I ended our tour with a sidewalk hockey match with Markus back at their hotel...he won, but only on a technicality.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunset, sure do miss them. Just aint the same in Florida. :(

Anonymous said...

I've been really enjoying your blog. It's great that you post every day, and I always like seeing your pictures.

I'd love to see more prices...

Like...

1. How much does it cost to get a storage container delivered like the ones you got recently?

2. Solar cells/inverters....How much?

3. That ultra cool rebar tower....

4. The sweet solar oven and shower?

These are all things I'd like to know if I could afford someday...and sure I can look stuff up on the internet....but it's different when you get first hand accounts of the total cost with all the extras and added fees.

Keep up the good work.

http://www.waldeneffect.org

kahuna said...

he looks just like me!!!