Friday, November 20, 2009

answered a higher callin....

Hmmmm....a new twist to the Field Lab. Seems some friends of mine (Bill and Caren) who have been building a place north of me are in the mood to get hitched.....and they want to do the nuptials here. They just got their marriage licence and want me to perform the ceremony. Took all of 20 minutes online to be become an ordained minister in the Church of Spiritual Humanism. Now I am an official wedding officiate. The wedding will be broadcast live on my Stickam channel a week from tomorrow - will update everyone as to the exact time.












Not quite ready for my steel buying trip to Odessa so I spent the day digging into my storage containers. Managed to extract a really nice bed and some carpet and furniture to start getting a feel for the quest quarters. Tough shuffling through all the mayhem to get to the desired items....good news is I found a bunch of stuff I've been looking for - including my hula girl beaded curtains. Amazing how the mess gets worse before it gets better - I'll be reorganizing all weekend, I reckon. 50,80,47, .08

5 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

I got one of those minister certificates one time, I still have it in my storage/mess area. :-) I think to actually use it here, I have to become a justice of the peace in addition but the wife told me I wasn't going to do that.
Careful you don't spend all your time cleaning up.

tffnguy said...

Sounds like you're on a roll! Turn your guest rooms in to a bead and bath and perform weddings in the greenhouse (Indoor garden). Maybe hitch Benetta up to a honeymoon carriage for the new couple to take a ride around the Field Lab in. Who needs Vegas and an Elvis impersonator?

Really no rain out there?

Allen Hare said...

If you could become an Elvis impersonator also, you would have the complete package in one place, especially if you had a blackjack table, or a couple of slot machines hidden away in one of the containers. Come to think of it, a novel, or a surrealist movie entitled "The Field Lab" could have you pulling any item the situation required out of the clutter of the containers. A thematic device.
Glad you're making some progress on organizing them, though. I know that helps on many levels.
We sure want to see that wedding performed. How exciting!

John Wells said...

oops....forgot that it even rained early (3AM) yesterday...just made the change to the blog post .08"

neil said...

Did you order the Advanced or Deluxe Clergy Pack?