Monday, November 16, 2009

first live remote webcast












Decided to clear out the future home of the guest house today. Took quite some time to sort out the good from the bad (mostly bad). Doesn't seem to take much time at all to fill a space with crap. Benita seemed a bit confused by the fact that I was moving her feed room. She followed me all over the place today as I was moving things around...including her snacks. I discovered today that she even likes bird seed - found her munching away at the storage bin. Got a start on clearing out the other container (future office/electronics workshop) but gave up since I still haven't figured out what to do with the keepers from the first clean out. Called it quits and broke at 3:30 for a long overdue shower.

All cleaned up, I decided to head down to the Starlight Theatre for 241 night. Did a quick webcast test with the new netbook computer then headed south. My first live remote webcast came off like a charm. Dr. Doug was on hand to say hello, had dinner with Ronald (the nicest guy in Texas) and even had a chance to feature the live musicians performing tonight. Another day where everything seemed to click....plus I had a great burger. 45,73,37,0

7 comments:

Darin said...

I have to admit those netbooks are very handy. They do practically anything a full-size laptop does.

I hardly use my desktop PC anymore since I picked up one.

eriko said...

You should be careful with the flooring in that container. Most TEU's are treated to the spec for Australia which means it is nasty stuff. http://www.greenhomebuilding.com/articles/containers.htm
last para from link
According to the tags on the doors, the timber component (the floor) almost invariably is treated with serious pesticide. There are multiple purposes to the pesticide treatments - a) to prevent transplantation of harmful insects around the world, b) to protect the structure of the floor, and c) to protect the contents from infestation and damage. So care should be taken to either remove the flooring (if pesticide has been used) or protect it from affecting the contents of the container.

also

http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=56712_0_42_0_C

Allen Hare said...

So, you put up a layer of foam core insulation on the walls and ceiling, then lay down a couple coats of polyurethane on the floor. Next, put up some wood paneling on the walls, and some ceiling tiles on the ceiling. Finish it off with a framed 20" x 30" picture on the wall of the view outside that wall if you had actually cut a window in it. Voila, instant guest quarters!

Congrats on the successful first live remote webcast. Wish I could've seen it.

The Starlight is the greatest. Every meal we've ever had there has been excellent. We had dinner there last Sunday night, the last night of our trip. The perfect end to a great vacation.

Best of luck on the next phaze.

Sunnybrook Farm said...

How soon until we get a horn cam mounted on Benita? Since she follows you around all day, it would work out great to have a camera cow.

czardastx said...

I didn't get to see the webcast, but fascat watched it. I was all prepared to catch it but got called out to work.

I see from your picture that the Starlight has a bar. Well, I guess I know where I'm going next spring when I take my vacation.

I was just talking to fascat about your guest room yesterday afternoon on the drive home from work. I'm thinking you need to start planning a 'working tour' when you have people visit. Cipher out what materials you need and then start making parts of the list as the price of the tour. The visitor will also have the option of creating a small part of The Field Lab (workers for free!).

You still have a full plate of projects ahead of you. I'm looking forward to watching it progress.

czardastx

designSTUDIO said...

those container shots sure do make me tired. We're just wrapping up our first container project in Austin: http://designstudiomodern.typepad.com/blog/leboite/

denziel56 said...

Hello JW.
Been a while.
Where did you dump ya junk , got my eye on that blue 10 ton bottle jack on the right in the pic.

ever put your flags up?

cheers

.bb