Monday, November 23, 2009

power outage...

TGIM More paper work and planning today...ready to bite the bullet on the steel order for the greenhouse roof tomorrow. Just finishing up the final touches on the list for a major supply run to Odessa.
Only Field Lab manual labor today was repairing the CD/DVD drawer on my surround sound system for the Woo Room. Haven't quite found the glitch yet but at least I can get it to open and close on occasion now. Briefly lost power today while working on it. Seems a longhorn cow peeing on a power strip tends to short circuit things (see attached crime scene photo). Benita's good aim tripped the breaker on my inverter. No real damage other than a soaked/stinky power strip that will need to bake dry in the sun tomorrow.

Had another fine webcast from the Starlight Theatre tonight. Good burger + good people = good times. 58,88,33,0

6 comments:

czardastx said...

Seems like you're on your way to a promising career as a crime scene tech. That's a good picture of the scene. However, we're going to need you to swab the power strip so we can do DNA. Plus you didn't mark the power strip as a biohazard. When I come for my next visit I'm going to bring you a fingerprint kit. Then you can go buy a Sherlock Holmes hat and be a part-time crime scene dude when you're not busy being a minister.

I'm just glad the cow pee didn't fry a lot of stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hope the cow is okay. Did you have a talk with her?

The Doctor said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. How do you finance yourself? Did you save a lot before moving to Texas, and then living off savings? I would love to do something like you are doing, but where would the money come from to buy food, supplies, etc.?

Bob from Athens said...

Maybe Benita is getting bored and needs some more attention. Looks really suspicious that she has all that empty space and just "accidently" peeded on the one spot that would shut down everything and make you come to investigate.

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caboose said...

Now I don't care what they say, that's funny. Good thing it wasn't night time. I bet it is real dark out there at night with no moon. You make my day checking in on you, and that is good so we will know if something happens, like a fall etc, hope not we need you healthy and well. Even tho we are hundred miles from you we can call for help. Please have a friend check on you daily as you are there with only Benita. Like the Doc I have ask myself the same thing?