Wednesday, December 9, 2009

metal work again...

Had one of those really good sunrises this morning - the kind that makes you think twice about life. Built a work table this morning for the next phase of construction. Just as I was finishing up a group of hunters came out for a visit. Killed over an hour chatten up the gunmen then got back to work only long enough to discover I needed to make a (quick) run to the hardware store. Got home in plenty of time to start cutting up some steel. First task on the list is to fabricate more substantial supports for the trusses. I will be replacing the temporary rebar supports I tacked up with the new stuff as soon as I figure it out and actually make it. 47,70,37,0

5 comments:

Michael said...

Hi John!
It's your cuz in Phoenix! I've been away for too long and am amazed at the changes here (there). I see in an earlier post that you had at least one bottle of Shiner Smokehaus on hand - what were your thoughts on that? Have you tried their Holiday Cheer?? I've seen some of the images on Stickam...I'll need to pay closer attention to things going forward. Hope you're well.

Anonymous said...

More work! Building a pretty roof! Fun to watch.

Allen Hare said...

Hey, I recognize that table top! Recycling at it's best.

Hope the roofing project goes smoothly.

Last night the wife and I were reviewing the pictures she made down there. She got some really nice ones of Benita. Could be next year's State Fair photo entry. We miss seeing that cow.

Anonymous said...

Nice sunrise. Yesterday I saw a sunset in Seguin, TX where there was a rainbow behind the clouds and the sun setting....the rainbow reflected all thru the clouds..I was beautiful!

Caboose said...

Sharp looking table, and a sturdy one too. Ready to get with it! Have fun. Nice Sun rise as well.