Tuesday, December 1, 2009

TwistTogether Lamp

One last bad weather day here at the Field Lab.....but not a flake of snow overnight. Gotta feeling we are in for a very nice stretch of sunny weather starting tomorrow.

Main event of the day is that I got a call from Mueller Steel and my materials for the greenhouse roof should be here by next Tuesday. I'm really itchin' to get this phase underway. In the meantime - planning on a supply run to Alpine to pick up materials for the interior of the quest quarters. There has been such a lul here that I need to get multiple things happening to feel like I'm back in the swing of things.
Project of the day was to assemble and mount the TwistTogether Lamp sets I had ordered from my old buddy Dave in Brooklyn. We collaborated brilliantly on a robotics project back in my Brooklyn days.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4RV3Rkxyss By the time I moved to upstate NY, he and his partner Witch were just beginning development of this lighting system. Now they are in full swing production with lots of great press behind their product. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXI4oj-8Ulc Best thing is they look really, really nice and draw very little power due to the LED's (I wired mine directly into my 12VDC system)....and the final look is only limited by your imagination. I love this light - how can you resist? Order a set of 4 just in time for Christmas. http://www.glide-inc.com/ 41,55,36, .04"

7 comments:

Texmom said...

I do love the lamp.

tffnguy said...

Pretty cool stuff there John.

Rusty said...

Leggo meets Mondrion?

Anonymous said...

I was trying to make a comment for hours but I couldnt because I was oddly stairing at the lights....

Unknown said...

John, do you ever worry about robbery, leaving the Field Lab unattended, like when you're gone to "town" to eat or for supplies?

Nikki said...

Santa is definitely bringing some of these to the chitlins this year.
Been lookin for something cool like this my whole life. I'm glad I waited.

denziel56 said...

Hey there JW.

Love the LED lites , 50.000.hours lifetime and only mill/amps to run them @ 12 volts.Going to there site for a look.

Like what ya did with the flags .

cheers

.bb