Saturday, December 12, 2009

tools of the trade...

Didn't sleep well last night....something outside of the Field Lab vortex must have been effecting me. I reckon it has passed and I will sleep like a baby tonight. After the normal round at the GrubShack for breakfast, I took advantage of the beautiful day to cut'n'weld the second of 10 truss supports onto place. Amazing how many tools are involved with each step here. Hope to be able to pick up the pace as soon as I finish the first container supports along with the cross bracing to be added next.

Got a CD in the mail today that I have been looking forward to. "Nowhere Man and a Whiskey Girl"...silly name but I love this duo. http://www.727records.com/site/nmwg/ I almost moved to Bisbee Arizona because of them. A clever review I once read of their music...."Karen Carpenter meets Tim Burton". Amy's rendition of My Morphine is exceptional. Now if I could only get them to come play the Starlight Theatre...

The day got topped off with a wonderful gift. Seems my friend JD was telling my new BFF Ella about how Benita has gone away for the winter. Together they drew this picture for me so I won't miss Benita too much. How sweet it that? If I had a refrigerator, this would be front and center. Will frame it instead and find a place of honor for it. 52,79,27,0

12 comments:

mike said...

love that picture

Guy Hodges said...

Not to worry JW - Benita will be back before you know it.

tffnguy said...

Yep, I bet she's thinking "Can't wait until winter is over so I can go back and get fed well by John!"

Allen Hare said...

That's some fine art your young friend made. Could be another hot seller in the Field Lab Mercantile Store. Just get a couple hundred of 'em printed up and add them to the Field Lab T-Shirts on the "Store" tab. Proceed to check-out!
I will have to order one of those NMWG CDs. They look like my kind 'o people. The Nowhere Man has the same guitar as me, a cedar top classical. Can't be beat for beautiful tone!
The progress on the greenhouse sculpture looks great. Continued good luck with your projects.

tffnguy said...

Ah Yeah that picture is very cool.

Caboose said...

I like the work you did today. The picture is real good. Not a bad idea for a tee for the Field Lab, the picture could be center on the front or back. If you need some one to print the tee's I have a friend that could help you, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Nice blue longhorns.
And #2 crutch.

ezrablu said...

Yep...good music. Bought the double set by NMWG. Good thinkin Allen Hare; Ella and JD's art would make fine prints to sell at TFL online store. They would also make cool buttons. Speakin of art...your work is such.

rj said...

"...my new BFF Ella..."

Hopefully it's not one of these BFF definitions:

bovine fetal fibroblasts
bovine follicular fluid

Bob from Athens said...

Hey JW, have you thought that Dick Cain probably knows where Benita is wintering? Go find him and he would tell you where she is or maybe even take you to her.

Fred said...

What every happened to that trumpet? Benita needs her own little hut so she will stay!

tffnguy said...

Ya know I've often wondered why John doesn't just buy Benita and I've seen that brought up here before, but I can understand the reason for not doing that. She is after all something along the line of a wild animal and it would be a shame to captivate her. I'd consider her a good friend and if one has to buy friends then they aren't really friends. That means depression when you don't see them for long periods of time, but good friends always come back. I may be out of line here, but that's just the way I see it.