Tuesday, December 8, 2009

more parts...

The photo above is a shot from the same spot as yesterdays photo with the Field Lab now fully underway. Slept in a bit longer today due to heavy fog this morning. So nice to wake up according to the amount of light outside instead of an alarm clock. Got a call at 9AM from the driver with my steel delivery. I had just enough time to hit the GrubShack for breakfast before my parts were due to arrive. He met me at the HWY and I drove him out my road first so he would feel confident getting the 18 wheeler out here. Took my new friend Raul only about 45 minutes to bring out the goods and offload it all right where I wanted. I really got to hand it to Mueller. Great product and professional service - from the sales staff right down to the delivery driver. Now all I got to do is put it all together.... 65,82,35,0

8 comments:

Gavin Thomas said...

Well John at least the weather was kind to you and the delivery driver.

Getting that delivered in the rain or snow would have been a totally different proposition.

I'm intrigued to see how all that steel fits together now.

Jeff Hooper said...

I don't remember hearing about the pay phone...does it work?

tortuga said...

Now the work begins. Bet you could use Benita to help.

Tiffany said...

With those parts, I can only imagine what you are going to do. I did see all the cutting and welding from the last phase.....makes you go hmmmm!

tffnguy said...

At this point in time I'm not even going to try and guess how this is going to go together. There's a lot more steel there than I'd imagined would be used. I don't suppose you have a finish date you are going to shoot for is there?

2L84Me said...

Hey John what is the status of the Wind Mills??? Are you on Solar power alone? Are you going to put more solar on the current Green House?? How about some more data on the Greenhouse since you are now beyond the planning point.

Maybe a Storm damage UPDATE???

Caboose said...

Can't wait to see the Lab finish. Looks like a lot more to go. Will Benita have a place in the Lab? Hope she is OK and the other Longhorn cattle too. Did they frighten you at first? Look like they could hold their own if needed. Are we going to see some Christmas Decorations on the Lab or House?

S.A.B.L.E. said...

Sorry that your supervisor (Benita) wasn't around for the delivery, an exciting next step.