Saturday, December 26, 2009

silly horns

Headed out for an early breakfast at the GrubShack - it was the least I could do as Jerry and Eva were good enough to open today. Been noticing some stray cows in the neighborhood lately. Along my road I counted 18. I think they belong to my buddy who owns Packsaddle Ranch LLC. Left him a message today and hope he checks the blog. These bovines look like plain old cows dressed up as devils for Halloween. You call those horns?....I don't think so.

Nice warm sunny day that called for some metal cutting. Beveled the ends of 12 pieces of tubing for the next push to get the rest of the diagonals welded in. (these are the cut-offs) Each one had to be fine tuned to fit perfectly into place. Trying to get every thing cut so I can spend a whole day just on welding. Cutting is OK....but I really love welding.

For inquiring minds: The Field Lab Christmas lights are all LED's - consisting of 8 strings of 50 lights each with a total AC wattage of 76.4. Doesn't take much sun to run those suckers all night long. 43,74,21,0

6 comments:

mike said...

thats a lot of work

Anonymous said...

Silly off-brand cows.

tffnguy said...

What do you expect. Word gets around that Santa is giving away cow grub and there you have it. Every cow in the area shows up for a handout.

Caboose said...

Thanks John, For the info about the Christmas Lights. You must really know your stuff on electricity, great to know all that you do. Yes! those are funny looking cows after seeing the Longhorns.

Gavin Thomas said...

Yeah, I love those LED lights... low energy and kinda sparkly.

Now's a great time to pick up the cheap unsold packs at the store. They work right out the box and use a tiny amount of electricity compared to the regular ones.

Allen Hare said...

Gotta get me some of those LED Christmas lights! Excellent performance at a fraction of the cost. What's not to love?