Tuesday, December 7, 2010

3 Years!

It's hard to believe I have been here for 3 years as of today....and still lovin the desert.  Seems like only yesterday that I got that first lumber order and started assembling the panels for my little hut.  I must say that I am still very pleased with this life choice.  Spent most of the day cleaning and priming the steel flats for the final section of roofing.  Did my annual trek to the Starlight this evening for a celebratory margarita.....or two.  And so it goes...  59,75,39,0,B

11 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Congratulations on your three year aniversery. And I hope you will be there for many more.

jandean said...

How many beer cans is 3 years?
Happy anniversary!

Boo Barksdale said...

John you are a unique West Texas treasure, blazing a trail across the little traveled desert with 21st century flair, lighting the way for others to follow, enjoy your Margarita or two!

The Flying Tortoise said...

Congratulations John, you are doing so well and obviously having fun and that's what it's all about! Happy Anniversary

Andy V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy V said...

Way to hang in there, ol' bearded one. And many thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Craig said...

I envy you John. It takes a lotta gumption to follow the life you've chosen. I wish I had more of what you have inside. I'd love to be where you are.

Carl said...

congrats john! keep up the great work and continue ti inspire us all!!

Darin said...

John - got a question for you. Has Benita left any 'love marks' on your truck or on other structures at the Field Lab? Just wondering if she doesn't realize how long those horns are?

Anonymous said...

In your time in the desert you have sure gotten alot done. My favorite is still Benita drinking outa the plexiglass bowl video..still makes me laugh.

Allen Hare said...

John, it's been a great ride for all of us. Thanks for sharing it with us. Looking forward to many more years of the same.