Friday, December 17, 2010

don't pull that string...

Cold morning at the Field Lab.  Since I'm truck less for now, I waited as long as I could before heading to the GrubShack to get a good hot meal in my belly.  My other modes of transportation are a bit chilly for a ride outta here.  Had a long stay after a late breakfast and chatted up my rock star friend Brent Lovelady (of The Bent Love Handles)  They finally finished their CD and it is due for release soon.  I am planning on shooting some video of a live performance on Sunday.  If the rest of their music is as good as the first two songs I have featured here - it will be a "must buy"!  Full review and ordering info coming soon.

Finally warmed up and was still enough to get back to some roofing this afternoon.  Got 2 more sheets of polycarbonate screwed down.  Getting faster as I go along now - down to 50 minutes per sheet.  Hopefully I can get this portion done by the end of the year.  Was going to go for a 3rd sheet and the winds picked up so I started prepping for the last string of lights for the house.  Twice today Benita "hooked 'em" and got her horn caught in the firing string to the flamethrower.  Training her to shoot it off would be quite a trick.  51,65,34,0,B

4 comments:

JLP said...

Umm, Three sheets in the wind??

Mary Lee said...

That was John's plan to warm up...internal combustion.

Unknown said...

What? No colored lights. Just synced blue? No wonder Benita is trying to fire up the flame thrower.

Allen Hare said...

You have such a great eye for photography, and can get such interesting results from ordinary objects, as in photo one. Photography is not so much about equipment and mechanics (although that is certainly a part of it) as it is about developing a way of seeing the compositional possibilities all around you and how light interacts with the physical world.
I really like how you composed photo two to illustrate both the themes in today's post. In the background you can just make out the three poly panels on the greenhouse roof. In the foreground we have "Benita the Beatific", string hooked over her right horn and leading back to the flame thrower. Perfect! I could envision a photo series of "Things Benita Has Hooked With Her Horns", to include photos of her with the flotsam and jetsam of everyday life entangled on her horns, from the silly to the sublime. I view her almost as a canvas, and a theme in an ongoing art project. Just a thought...