Wednesday, December 15, 2010

poly one...

Dead calm this morning so I scurried up the ladder and affixed the first transparent panel into place.  This last section is going to be rather time consuming as each screw requires 3 different size drill bits.  I reckon the process will evolve over time.  The winds picked up just as I was finishing the last couple of fasteners.

Long lunch at the GrubShack.  Eva gave me a great early Christmas present - Benita cookies.  Would never have imagined that someday I would get cookies that looked like my pet longhorn cow.  Eva really gets a gold star!


20 - 25mph winds all afternoon so I stayed off the roof and began working on my lighting scheme for this year's holiday season.  Got one strip mounted and I think the plan will work.   Going for a very ordered/minimalist light show this year.  54,81,31,0,W

7 comments:

Bruce S said...

Sun, Yum, Fun

MsBelinda said...

That is one cool cookie Eva made for you. Maybe you could sell Benita cookies on the internet.

Can hardly wait and see how your christmas lights turn out this year.

Anonymous said...

Wait, is that a sticker still adhered to the panel?

John Wells said...

not a sticker....a peel off label that shows which side is to be exposed to the outside world.

Allen Hare said...

Congratulations on the beginning of the final roof phase. Looking good so far.

If those Benita Cookies taste as good as they look, you have another winner. The perfect item for the Field Lab Mercantile. I'll take two dozen!

Looking forward to this year's light show. The photo of what you've got so far looks great.

Boo Barksdale said...

the theme song from 2001 a space odessy just started playing in my head when I saw the clear roof picture- nice

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.