Wednesday, April 6, 2011

ITDay













Breakfast with my Finnish friends and they were on their way to Mexico for their next story.  Jerry and Eva just received their new modem from Big Bend Telephone for the GrubShack so I borrowed their instructions to activate the wireless feature and shot home to set mine up.  Worked like a charm.  Grabbed the netbook and came back to the Shack to set up their system.  The GrubShack now has WIFI  for customers!  Don't forget to drop something in the extra tip jar to help offset the cost.  Now all you folks a bit too far off the grid don't have to drive all the way to the Motor Inn for a meal and internet access.  Perfect end to an IT day - I got a cake delivered by FedEx for my birthday from my IT guy in the UK...my buddy Neil.  He sent me the Cinnamon Jane - plain pound cake with a cinnamon swirl, filled with cinnamon butter-cream.  It came from http://www.janiescakes.com/  in Tyler, TX.  Yum Yum Eat 'em Up!  84,98,48,0,B

17 comments:

gumo said...

Happy birthday!

tffnguy said...

Happy Birthday. Wow! One day after Benita's.

Andy V said...

Feliz cumpleanos, John. Enjoy!

John Wells said...

actually....Benita and I just happen to share the same birthday...April 5th

Dani said...

Had a feeling it wasn't only Benita's birthday LOL

Glad it was a goody :-)

Quixote Kid said...

Happy B-Day!

Wow, Terlingua Ranch now has WiFi at both ends of the ranch road. That's impressive.

Larry Prater said...

Happy Belated birthday.

marie may said...

Happy birthday! Same as my husband and I made him a NY-style cheesecake (which wouldn't hold up too well in the heat). I'm a new fan of your blog :)

texmom said...

I live near Tyler, I'll have to try that cake. Happiest of Birthdays John and Benita.

Anonymous said...

bravo JW! I know youve been pushing for the wifi, and I bet itll bring more business to the shack.

MsBelinda said...

Happy belated birthday to you and Benita :)

Mary Rose said...

Well, Happy Birthday to you too! Really am enjoying your blog- something new every day!

ratgirls said...

Happy Birthday to you and Benita!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday John! That's a fine looking cake. I love how you are using technology to increase your freedom and options, keep up the great work!

- Irish Pete

Greg said...

Happy Birthday John.

Unknown said...

I get those same cakes for Christmas. They are delicious.

Marty and Edie said...

Happy belated birthday! It's a truly grand day for a birthday- 's mine, too.

I got Irish soda bread for mine, but now I have a jonesing for cinnamon on cinnamon.

Now I must return to enjoying your blog.

edie from cleveland