Friday, April 29, 2011

poles...

My rabbit friends Dennis (Hopper) and (Hopalong) Cassidy are coming in like clockwork for breakfast and supper every day.  Cypered out my next steel order from Mueller but just missed my salesman Eddie Torres by phone so will place the order on Monday.  Stopped by the Mt. McKennites this afternoon and happened upon a good deal.  Their new friend Kevin just finished installing their septic tank and offered to haul some old 40' power poles from the GrubShack out to The Field Lab for me. 













My friend Cynta gifted me last week with some tiny wire scorpion sculptures she used to sell for the folks in Boquillas before the border got locked up.  One of the many projects resting in the back of my mind has been to rig these with some mini solar panels and pager motors to make them jump around in the sun.  Just placed the order today for the gizmos to bring the scorpions to life.  http://www.solarbotics.com/  96,102,52,0,C

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those "Poles" will make great Longhorn Scratchin Posts.

Now all you need is a PHD. (post hole digger) only with all the rock, dynanite may work better.

linda said...

Nothing beats critter friends!

Unknown said...

How has the fund raising gone for the Grub Shack?

John Wells said...

Thanks to everyone who helped out the GrubShack...I think they have enough money now to get open again soon!

Wm. Pugh said...

Wished I knew how to make them critters!!! Love All....

Ricky said...

mabey you could get the phone guys to come out for a solar grill party and bring the big truck with the pole dril atatchment on it and sink those scratchin posts for some down home cookin and a beer..