Friday, April 15, 2011

the trip...







In and out of El Paso in just over 24hrs.  Passed by the spot where the Rock House Fire started...still burning - over 160,000 acres so far.  Love seeing the blimp outside Marfa.  Popped in to Sam's Club first stop.  Got a membership, bought eight 6V golf cart batteries ($66 apiece), and Lupe helped me load them into the truck - all done in about 20 minutes. 

Overnighted with my buddy Ronald "the nicest guy in Texas" after we gorged at Red Lobster.  Woke up early and hit some very convenient shopping - Circle K for breakfast, Walmart for some duds, and Home Depot for a new circular saw and a chest freezer (5cu.ft. for $179).  More odds'n'ends in Alpine then home by 4PM.  The Mt. McKennites did some feed and watering of Benita for me while I was away.  Cleaned out the old ice box and loaded up the new fridge.  Will be using it just like the old icebox until I get all the parts rigged for some solar powered cold.  Missed the FL weather report for the past two days....but I know it was really windy and kinda cool.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

It appears you are diving into Mikey's project write-up which seems real apropriate in your circumstances. What wattage rating is listed for your new freezer box, and keep us up to date on your progress.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dude! I've been reading about some of Sklar's projects. Can't wait to read how this one turns out for you.

GYPSY JESS said...

Sounds like a fun trip and red lobster sounds so good!:) Thanks also for passing the message to me from my sister. Give Benita a pat on the head for me.

Quixote Kid said...

Looking forward to seeing how the Freezer/Fridge works for you. Looks like a great project.

What's the blimp/Aerostat being used for?

Q-Kid