Saturday, June 11, 2011

jam test...

Did a morning walk around the estate and found several sotol plants shooting up last ditch starks.  Just like the mesquites in the area, several plants are doing their out or ordinary best to propagate the species during the drought. 

Cut down my first two test forms then tested out the mixer from just me with an easy 1 bag pour for two new pavers.  Worked like a charm.  Lined the bottom of the forms with galvanized flashing for a smoother finish.  This test was with 15 3/4" sq ...still a bit shy of 1 bag for 2 forms. 
Next up:  15 1/2" forms.

I had borrowed a chop saw for JM last year and it ended up pooping out because the brushes were too worn down.  Was able to return said saw today with new brushes I got from http://www.ereplacementparts.com/  You got a power tool out of whack? - go there for parts!  I searched for the model chop saw I was using and found an exploded view of the machine with a listing for just about every part one would need to get it up and running again.  98,110,68,0,B

5 comments:

JB SMITH said...

Thanks for the website hookup...it kicks bootay!!

Just Me said...

Thanks are in order...
for naming Jam,
for the brushes and repair work on my chop saw,
and for the link!

Also for prompting me to do some more reading about weight distribution hitches. I'm convinced now more strongly that you need to use one to safely move your Airstream.

Lance said...

Weight distribution hitches are the best thing since sliced bread! I would also recommend at least one friction sway control device. Having the tail wag the dog is not a fun feeling! Hate to think of spending that money for a one time 60 mile trip though. Know anybody with a 1 ton dulley? I have one of these and recommend it, best deal on the net http://www.adventurerv.net/eazlift-weight-distribution-hitch-1000-lbs-sway-control-amp-ball-p-13631.html?osCsid=0kk19juq8rp05i9n4eov0hjle6

Allen Hare said...

Thanks for the excellent link to ereplacementparts.com. Right on their home page is a link to "how to replace a primer bulb" - just what I need for my weed whacker.

Was looking at the pic of the mixer and the poured pavers, and it stuck me. One of the great advantages of that greenhouse of yours is that you have a great big covered space in which to work on projects, shaded from the blazing hot sun. What a boon.

Picinisco said...

Seems easier to lend you the equipment and have it break down so you will fix it.