Tuesday, June 7, 2011

pepino II













Went to bed last night planning on getting up early and doing the threshold pour.  When I woke up - I was no longer in the mood for heavy morning labor.  Transplanted 7 little palo verdes from their peat cups into larger pots.  Decided it was time to extract what was once a tiny volunteer growing with my pomegranate since it was growing like mad.  Not sure what it was but it sure grew fast.  Made 2 water runs today to add 250 gallons to my house tank.  Got pretty hot but the swamp cooler kept up well with a 30 degree difference in air temperatures.  Looks like the 10 day forecast is really gonna put it to the test.  98108,72,0,B

6 comments:

JB SMITH said...

Now that is hot... we are having some pretty hot temps in Mississippi this year..it got up to 98 in Guntown today..heat index something like 103..I don't envy you...stay cool!

tffnguy said...

Thermometer read 112 here about 2:30. I think I'll move it to the east side of the trailer and see what it does there. It always seems higher than yours. Maybe its just the location?

Dani said...

JW - think the other plant with your pomegranate is a member of the pelargonium famiy.

Judith said...

I think the volunteer, if you're talking about the one with the purple color on the new growth, is lambs quarters. EDIBLE! And easy to grow......

Craig said...

Damn the swamp cooler is kicking butt. I sure miss dry air. I absolutely hate this damn humidity.

Allen Hare said...

Those are some serious daytime high temps. The little Peppino II seems to be doing a great job. 74 is way cooler than I keep my house here in Large D.

Very nice looking plants, too.