Tuesday, October 11, 2011

back to work

Seem to have recovered from my hike yesterday so I broke out the tools and got started on the east door.  Will need another Alpine run soon for tin to cover it and hinges to hang it.  Not quite sure if I want to endure the labor of making all the pavers so I might just order them from McCoys. 

In case you forgot...Joel Salatin's new book is now available.  Rumor has it the first printing sold out yesterday - the first day of sales.  Buy this book and help get it on the NYT bestseller list to bring more attention to where our food is coming from.  I pre-ordered 2 copies that should arrive early next week.  79,87,63,0,B

9 comments:

Rita B. said...

I'll pick it up on my next trip to B&N.

Cindy Talbot said...

I ordered the Kindle copy since UPS doesn't deliver to Delma Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE... it is quite interesting!!! Look for my friend Van Blize for the next week or so... you will recognize him when you see him...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlton said...

I placed my name on the waiting list and received the book a few days after it's release. It is such a great book. It certainly makes one think anew about how we should be living. I love it.

2 Dogs said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bnL3JAjXT0g#!

Wonder when the movie is coming out?


TCM, that Sepp Holtzer feller is a might hard to understand . He talks funny.

HermitJim said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the book! I'll see if I can find it here in the big city!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allen Hare said...

I'll order the book from Amazon. Been meaning to order some more stuff from them anyway.

Nice work on the door. Looking forward to seeing it finished.