Thursday, March 1, 2012

final push...

Morning tending the plant life.  Been watering my Palo Verdes and waiting for them to sprout some new life.  First sprouts to come to life in the Jiffy Starter - quinoa.  I really like this stuff but I will never be able to grow enough to use the seeds for anything other than propagating more plants - luckily the greens are good too.   Will be doing successive seed starting each week till things get going.  Next supply run to Alpine, I've got a shopping list for the final materials to close in the greenhouse and ingredients for quinoa tortillas.   http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-quinoa-tortillas/

Got more parts cut for the north/south sides.  Had to make a post office run to mail off a photo release (and a set of TFL postcards) for images of the Terlingua Creek Catseye I emailed to my new friend Anna Strong at  www.centerforplantconservation.org   She has been coordinating a project which includes the participation of my friend Maria Williams who has been studying the plants at TFL for 2 years for her masters thesis.  66,82,39,0,B

5 comments:

mike said...

u work too hard John

ps Your new security (please prove your not a robot) sucks

Don and Ida said...

But what about Benita???????????

Rev.JimmyLeeBob said...

I am a robot..take me to your leader !

MontelloOffGrid said...

my grandfather worked hard, like a seed sprouting, right up till he died at 90 years of age....he went down in the doorway of his girlfriends house while heading out to the weekly dance at the Legion (Canada). girlfriends, dancing, and a beer or two at 90. work hard John...very hard, but not too hard! ;-)

Allen Hare said...

Great stuff today. That link to the gracious kitchen was wonderful. A nice recipe with good story thrown in.