Thursday, June 29, 2017

Ben's shot at the limelight...

Finally found a good reason to get cleaned up around here.  Just confirmed today that I was willing to participate in a re-visit for Ben Fogle's New Lives In The Wild.  They filmed out here 5 years ago and my episode was the first one they shot.  The series has been a hit for Channel 5 and they are on their 5th season of episodes now.  They contacted me last year about the possibility of another visit and we just confirmed the dirty details today.  They will be here along with Ben Fogle for a one day shoot the last week of July.  For those who saw the episode, you probably noticed that baby Ben was totally left out of the story although they featured the beheading of his dead mother - unfortunate since I named my Ben after Ben Fogle.  At my insistence, they are going to include old footage of baby Ben along with new footage of Big Ben when they come back for this episode.  They also want to talk about my YouTube channel.  If I can coax Ben into appearing in a video for my channel, then I will really score.  Win-Win-Win.  103,105,75,0,B

10 comments:

Margery Billd said...

I was disappointed 5 years ago because I missed your show on t.v. (did not get time or channel right). Maybe this time I can know and co-ordinate and see this show. Hope you can inform us in time on how to find the show. Sounds interesting.

John Wells said...

It won't air in the US but it might pop up on YouTube before it gets taken down. Selected clips of the original episode can be seen here. https://vimeo.com/94752040

Smackmama said...

Please let me know here in SC when I can watch it. Thanks!

Carol Peek said...

Fantastic John! Congratulations!

Zole said...

Good luck JW!

Unknown said...

Bonita was beheaded???? :(

John Wells said...

1. It was Benita, not Bonita. 2. Benita died of old age long before the video shoot happened. http://thefieldlab.blogspot.com/2012/08/closure.html 3. The cow that was beheaded was Ben's mother and she had been dead for a week when we cut off her head. http://thefieldlab.blogspot.com/2012/07/rip-bob.html 4. Ben's mother was named Bob because she looked like a friend of mine out here with the same name. 5. Both Benita and Bob's skulls are hanging in the greenhouse now. http://thefieldlab.blogspot.com/2013/03/head-gear.html

Ytaudiobookreviews said...

Oh my gosh! Oh my goodness! How fantastic is that! Oh I hope he does let you film him for your youtube stuff - couldnt you just have your camera filming the whole thing any way? just all quite and nonchalant? no one would even notice it... OH no - have your drone film them all piling out of their cars and getting set up! now wouldnt that be something - Im so excited for you - Im gunna have to google that first episode and see if I cant find it somewhere - how fun!

John Wells said...

Judy...selected clips of the first episode can be found here. https://vimeo.com/94752040

Ytaudiobookreviews said...

@John Wells - Thanks so much - I saw this posted above and watched it yesterday - it looked like a really well made positive show - I cant wait for the new one!