Tuesday, July 4, 2017

FPV

Made an executive decision today (I love making those) and ordered the DJI Goggles for my Mavic Pro.  Rather than get another dedicated tablet (I already have 3 tablets and none of them work very well in this application) I decided on the FPV (first person view) goggles.  Came to that conclusion after a good amount of research.  When I first started hearing about the goggles, I sort of wrote them off as a silly racing drone accessory.  What I have come to discover after seeing a lot of reviews is that they are the perfect solution for being able to precisely control the drone while filming (which is the whole point of why I decided to buy the drone in the first place). They are 20 bucks cheaper than the new bright DJI CrystalSky 5.5" monitor and there is absolutely no issue with glare from the sun when you wear them.  From what I have seen it is a truly immersive experience and just like being in the cockpit when flying the drone.  They work wirelessly with the Mavic Pro with DJI's new OcuSync technology and provide a flawless HD video feed from the drone throughout its full distance range and a touch pad on the side of the goggles gives access to all the configuration and flight mode menus.  80,102,75, .04",W

11 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Next best thing.

Unknown said...

Margery, I enjoy reading your comments, even the ones off topic. Sounds as though you have lived a long, richly satisfying, and colorful life. Have you considered writing your memoirs?

Margery Billd said...

TY Lin. :-) I enjoy reading everyone's comments too.

Off Grid Research said...

Need of video of you wearing them!

Jenne said...

Can't wait to see videos of this.

Road said...

Whoa - I had no idea these were available, and yes, they sure seem like a great solution and, I can imagine, will be as close to feeling like you're flying headfirst as can be. I think I'd use them just for the vicarious thrill of feeling like a bird, swooping and diving.

John Wells said...

...like in my paramotor. Unfortunately I am still months away from flying that again.

Ytaudiobookreviews said...

I hope if you get these, that you post a video of you wearing them flying the drone - that would be so cool!

Daniel said...


An acquaintance is filling out the missing Mavic-Pro users guide into 4-sections...

https://plus.google.com/106231203944258134651

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

Long time since I've read or posted here, "legg'o'boo-boos" might've been my last comment under another email address...

I'm enjoying all the missed posts, GOOD on you for making the effort!


seo service said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
seo service said...

This article discusses vital issues for live streaming from air mini Drone . the recognition of client drones is on the increase, and there's an enormous demand for aerial videos taken from Air mini Drone. within the terribly recent past, it had been an awfully valuable exercise to capture the photographs from the sky.