Monday, May 23, 2011

$2 WELLS











Set up blocks and rebar to firmly attach all four first flush downspouts off the greenhouse gutter system - to the ground.  Porter Construction finished the spill way off the east side of the dam.  Now I have to work out a deal on getting a big load of bentonite to line the water side of the reservoir.  Did the Starlight tonight with JustMe (winner of the blog contest) and our friend Bob (who I have named a longhorn cow after - too complicated to explain.)  Thought I would get a really good deal tonight because of the sign outside the restaurant.  87,100,61,0,B

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Porter..Hope you had fun.

gimmer said...

I don't get it. The "$2 Wells" was meant for you? That's your last name , but did you ask what it meant? Could be some sort of mixed drink.

tffnguy said...

Glad you didn't have to do the Starlite alone. Three people, four burgers. Sounds like someone will have an extra for lunch tomorrow. Put some bacon on it and take it to Nick. ;)

Probably well drinks.

Bob from Athens said...

John, please explain what a "bar well" is and what a well drink is?
Obviously some of them don't spend any time in bars.

LBH said...

I have been on the road for the past two weeks and your progress is amazing. I guess I better get off the computer and get out there and mow my lawn. I am going to have to book a show at the Starlight so I can come and visit.

Allen Hare said...

Sweet, on all fronts...

Cindy Talbot said...

FWIW:
Well drinks are drinks made with the house whiskey, any alcohol really, gin, rum, etc... the cheaper stuff in the bartender's "well"... as opposed to the better liquors which are called "call" liquors.
So a $2 well drink could be ordered as a rum and coke
and a call drink would be Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and Coke ( my personal favorite)...


bet there are many a woman wishing they could get a few shots of $2 Wells... as in JW...