Wednesday, May 18, 2011

drat this drought...

Got some more pieces prepped for the west doorway.  Because of the super dry conditions and recent brush fires, I am going to have to get a permit before I can do any outdoor welding.  Plenty of other chores to keep me busy till I can get the OK. 

"The Brewster County Commissioners Court on Monday, May 9, adopted by unanimous vote welding guidelines for use during the emergency burn ban.  Anyone wanting to weld must apply for and receive a permit from his/her County Commissioner. For more information, contact the County Judge's Office, 432-837-2412, or the Emergency Management Department, 432-837-9876.  Persons violating this order may be arrested and fined up to $500."

Saw a new critter today scooting by The Field Lab.  88,100,53,0,B

10 comments:

tffnguy said...

Is that a skunk or a badger? I think all of the smoke, dust and smog we've been having is effecting solar energy.

Ben in Texas said...

Now THAT speedy B&W visitor you shoot next time.. You DO NOT want of those rabies carrying SOB's on your property. It is NOT a cute Kitty!!!

tffnguy said...

I'll have to agree with Ben!!!

Hollis said...

Permit me to introduce myself.
I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover.

markiesparkie said...

But be careful where you shoot it- don't wanna drop it too close to your nose!

MsBelinda said...

You sure are good to Benita, that girl is spoiled!!

Would have to agree with Tffnguy and Uncle Ben...

Steve said...

If you see a skunk during the day, IT'S RABID! Be very careful friend.

JLP said...

JW: Are you sure that 4X4 tubing will be strong enough? Just kidding.

Barbara said...

When there's a drought like this not all skunks venturing out in the day are rabid -- dry, but not necessarily rabid .

Petra said...

Skunk! I know we have one around here in our little homestead in Clint too. I smell him/her when I open up the door in the morning. I ran across your blog a few weeks back and wanted to let you know how much I enjoy the little glimps each day.