Wednesday, March 28, 2018

not just for preppers...


A couple of years ago I was contacted by the producers of Doomsday Preppers about being featured in an episode.  (It should be noted that I have turned down over 20 reality TV offers in the past 10 years)  I told them I was not interested because: 1.  I don't do reality TV  2.  I'm not a prepper.  3.  I am not expecting doomsday in my lifetime.  4.  If I was a prepper - why would I want to be on national television?  That being said...I just ordered some "prepper" hard white wheat to experiment with once my grain mill arrives.  Free shipping and a little extra discount for waiting an extra day for delivery and it works out to unadulterated flour at 52 cents/pound.  69,75,46,0,B

4 comments:

WhyR said...

#4 seems like an excellent question, and goes to el grano, as it were, of the show.
Augason's rolled oats is very good too, and you have a cute square bucket that seals when you're done. I have no idea how Walmart gets that much good, pure food to people with free shipping and throws in a free reusable bucket at that low cost.

Sleeping Lion said...

5. You couldn't survive in South County without outside supplies.

WhyR said...

If Terlingua Ranch is in South County, it looks like there would be the occasional Javelina to eat; word on the street is that they're pretty delicious. Then you've got solar refrigeration, solar cooking, and all the water you might need. Add multiple weapons and lots of ammunition to fight off the marauders and ravening mobs and you're good to go.

kellymckillop said...

I buy whole grains from Breadtopia.com. They have good prices and a great variety. Have you checked them out?