Saturday, March 24, 2018

Taste and See

Had a nice visit with Ginger Hillery yesterday - owner of Taste and See bakery in Alpine.  She gave me a thumbs up on my bread flavors..."Amazing bread! I love it! Great crumb, terrific taste, and yes, goes well with butter. I liked the honey wheat with oats, but must say the Chupa was delicious and a favorite with my employees. Actually I enjoyed every loaf and am thinking that you folks down south are gonna be lining up to buy his bread!!"   She uses only fresh milled flour in her baked goods and gave me 4 cups of her Montana Prairie Gold to experiment with.  Prepped two batches this afternoon to compare them when they get baked tomorrow - one with my Blue Bird flour and one with her fresh milled hard white wheat flour.  Since I first contacted her last week, I have been researching milling my own flour.  If I decide to make the switch - I need some of my loyal followers to order Chupa mugs and tshirts so I can buy a grain mill. (free loaf of Field Lab Solar Oven Bread to any visitors that show up wearing a Be Like Chupa tshirt!)  77,91,51,0,B

9 comments:

Billy ray said...

Sign me up, I'll buy a chips tee.

John Wells said...

The link to purchase them is right here on the main page of the blog.

Marlin Andrus said...

Billy ray..if you're on an android phone you won't see what John's talking about. Switch to full web version and it's obvious .

John Wells said...

Thanks Marlin. That is part of the problem...over 60% of web users only use their silly phones for internet access.

David Johnson said...

just ordered 2 tshirts

David Johnson said...

John did you stop the nightly live feeds.

Jussi Valanki said...

One tshirt on it’s way to Finland. As an ex-restaurant chef it’s really nice to see you’ve started a bakery. Keep on the good work!

Rita B. said...

Congratulations! Your life's journey has taken another interesting turn. Happy Palm Sunday.

Sleeping Lion said...

The NutriMill Grain Mill is an excellent mill for the money. For a cottage level baker, it will provide you with plenty of fresh milled product. We've had one for several years, and it is quick and produces fine flour.

https://pleasanthillgrain.com/nutrimill

We also have the Country Living hand cranked mill, but it doesn't get used, just have it around.