Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Boomer

Nice clear morning - not a cloud in the sky. Decided to do some laundry so headed down to Study Butte. Started the load then drove over to the local auto service to check on when I can get my inspection done that is due this month. Archie took me right in right away and it was done in 5 minutes. No emissions inspections in Brewster County so just a quick look at all the truck lights and horn and I was done. Went back to the laundromat just in time to add fabric softener to the rinse cycle. Stocked up on beer and cigarettes then grabbed my wet load out of the machine and headed home. Hung up everything on the clothesline to do some solar drying.
Just enough cloud cover and cool outside temps to finish putting up wind turbine mount #4.

Took some time to clean up the house and organized things. A photographer from Alpine was coming down to do a portrait of me for her series on South West Texas. I contacted her after seeing a notice that she was looking for subjects in the area. She worked in NYC for a bit and we have a couple of folks back there we know in common. Being a nomad of sorts, she is on the road constantly just doing her thing. Check out some of her work at http://www.jenniferboomer.com/ She made it out here late this afternoon just after some storms passed nearby that fortunately didn't swamp my road out. Had a very nice visit with her and she shot a couple of rolls of film. We talked quite a bit about the photog world and the rat race that is NYC. Jennifer is scheduled to do a portrait of my buddy Whitebear tomorrow morning. I told her about my digital point and shoot Canon G9 and of course she had to check it out.

No comments: