Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wind Turbine Mounts

We had some rain last night...less than 1/4" but just enough to swamp me in this morning. Cool and cloudy till noon so I got outside to work for a change. Put up wind turbine pole mount number 3 and dug the main foundation hole for mount number 4.

Sunny all afternoon then started clouding up around 3PM. Was thinking that perhaps we would get another afternoon thunderstorm so I went to the Ranch Supply Store to get a block of ice for my icebox, a cinderblock for the next wind turbine pole mount, and 3 boxes of Junior Mints. Also had a chance to see another human for a few minutes.

On the way back home my truck was chased by 8 longhorns that thought I had some more range feed for them. I gave them some on my way in to the store and I reckon they wanted more.

1 comment:

John D Baxter said...

Feels odd to post on your second blog post from almost 10 years ago...time flies. I am at the beginning now, it's better to see how you started in the beginning and what didn't work, compared to what stage you are at now/ I feel it will save me time and mistakes, which I can't afford. Really glad you got all this down in a diary of sorts!