Friday, August 15, 2008

Piano


Welcome to my blog! I have been meaning to set this up for months now, but couldn't figure out what my first post should be. So instead of putting it off any longer, I decided to just git'r'started. My website is finally up and I need a place for folks to read updates of my progress out in the desert.

I just returned from a quick round trip to Austin in order to retrieve more of my belongings out of storage. Although I deeply culled the total mass of my worldly possessions before leaving NY, I still have too much STUFF! The big question is....Do I bring my piano out to the desert? For some time now, I was planning on selling or donating it - but now I'm thinking it would be interesting to have it out here. It is the piano I learned to play on when I started lessons in the third grade.

Over the years I have kept the piano under cover but the poor thing has gone through several freeze/thaw cycles and suffered through high humidity - not a good thing. I wonder how hard it will be to find a piano tuner to come freshen it up?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably ought to put a virtual tip jar on the old boy, signing for your supper as it were. I'd donate, but I haven't any folding money. Your website is cool but you should shave that birdsnest.Benita thinks youre hot.

Anonymous said...

Elton John has that photo of you over his bed.

Unknown said...

I wanna live like you... Far from this world wich's not mine

bigfeetwonders said...

I am naturally very curious about how other people manage their resources. Found your blog from watching Youtube. Thank you for sharing your journey.