Sunday, August 17, 2008

Scorpion!

Woke up early this morning. After some coffee and a cigarette I was ready (to go) - so I headed out to the compost toilet. It was just dark enough at 6:30AM that I decided to bring my flashlight. Lucky for me I spotted a scorpion on my toilet seat. Although I have only seen 3 scorpions out here since my arrival in December '07 - this one being in such close proximity to my tender nether regions, scared the shit out of me...literally!

Thus began the day....It was cool and cloudy all morning so I poured the foundation for wind turbine post #4. In the afternoon I was able to dig and pour two of the guy wire anchors. Eight bags of concrete mixed by hand.



Lots of thunderstorms in the area today but I only got one light sprinkle. Sweaty and tired by the end of the day so I took a shower and relaxed for awhile. Dinner was cheese casadillas with cherry tomatoes from my plants I started back in late February. Nothing from a can tonight! (except beer)


No comments: