Wednesday, June 9, 2010

oops...

Lost my third window for the small solar oven last night...one spare and this one got blown over, and the other piece got nailed by hail last year. If I broke hearts out here as much as I break glass - I'd have a long list of Terlingua ex's by now.












Good news is I actually got some manual labor done this morning before it got hot. Cleared all the rock from the SW side of the containers where the next foundation pour goes. 8 wheel barrow loads of rock and gravel got added to the pile where my fire pit rocks ended up.

Long afternoon fighting with my computer over video files. I re-edited my cowboy poem to submit to a contest at Texas Monthly. http://www.texasmonthly.com/filmcontest Converted the file to their preferred format but getting some audio dropout at the beginning of the burned DVD I have to submit. The file on the laptop plays fine. I got 3 weeks to figure it out. 91,105,73,0,B

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh shoot, you'll figure it out ... and win :)

ezrablu said...

Bummer about the broken glass...just be glad they weren't mirrors. I sure could use some of those rocks for the base of the culvert for my new driveway. Can we vote for you on that Texas Monthly?

Unknown said...

JW

You never lose your girl in Terlingua.

You just lose your place in line...........

delgrego said...

What is their preferred format? Is it a DVD-video disc, ie one that will play on a DVD player, or just a video file burned onto a disc? What software are you using to convert the video and what format is the original?

Anonymous said...

The web cam has been froze for about a week...Just didn't know if you knew.

Allen Hare said...

I was in your neck of the woods earlier this week, on an overnight run down to El Paso. I kept wishing I could exit the freeway and head on down to Terlingua.

It's good to see the progress you've been making. We'll try to get a good pic of us wearing our Field Lab T-Shirts on our Summer Vacation in a few weeks.

As usual, good luck with all.