Friday, June 25, 2010

the thinker...

Made a run to Alpine today and took Doc Savage with me. It was his first trip north since moving out here 42 days ago. We ran our errands and I introduced him to my friends Suzy and Carla at the Cheshire Cat Antique Store. Made it back down to the ranch just in time to drop off some goods ordered for the GrubShack.

Came home and unpacked my stuff then checked in on my virtual life on the web. Found that my good friend Dan had written up a nice piece on his blog about me...so I headed over for a visit to compare notes on Blog-dom and deliver a Field Lab tshirt to him. Please give his blog a ponder...this guy is scary/brilliant (and I mean look at all his posts - not just the one about me) http://wandervogeldiary.wordpress.com/2010/06/23/cow-boy/ I have to say that if I spent as much effort thinking as he does...it would leave me very little time to actually do any physical labor out here. The man is a master of getting things done by just thinking and planning. We have similar visions but just different means of making it happen. He is a good man to know out here because of his mental prowess. And by the way....the Field Lab has a Christmas tradition going on out here - the last stop is always Dan's because Santa gets a glass of fine Scotch when he stops by. 86,102,74,0,B

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, once I started reading I couldnt stop.

Anonymous said...

I can identify with his...relaxed approach! I love the bottle wall.

Is it just me or are all the word verification scrambles getting longer! odinspir!

czardastx said...

A fine tradition, a mighty fine tradition.

Unknown said...

John, love your well trimmed beard. It is beau-T-full.

MsBelinda said...

Thank you for the link to Dan's blog. It is quite interesting.

Marlene - that is not John in the picture, it is his friend Dan.

chempilot said...

he has a great blog. thanks for sharing...