Sunday, October 24, 2010

Infernal Combustion


Sunday was just too nice a day to slave over concrete.  Chose another grounds keeping task instead - get the go kart running.  It has been sitting in the same spot for over 6 months.  Removed the gas tank and cleared all the lines and had to re-do the wiring for the radiator fan.  After 4 hours of tinkering, it finally came to life...which is a miracle because the internal combustion engine is a complete mystery to me (but I'm learning).  Put 4 miles on the odometer giving it a shake down run.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSc5B83VfZI    Last effort was to JB Weld a cap over the hole in the gas tank where the gas gauge rotted away.  69,83,53,0,B 

7 comments:

Gavin Thomas said...

Be really careful welding gas tanks. There are many a story of people who didn't clean them out properly and "BOOM". However I think that exploding tires with a blow torch it more common!. Great video by the way.

neil said...

Great video! It really took me back to last Feb when I was there 4 wheeling in the rental car.

Andy V said...

Thanks for the spin! Enjoyed it much!

Nat said...

Gavin- I think JB Weld is an epoxy-like compound, so no torch or electric arc involved. I also enjoyed the go-kart trip around the property.

mike said...

nice buggy

Gavin Thomas said...

Nat, thanks for the clarification. I hadn't thought of plastic "welding".

Allen Hare said...

A fun ride! Thanks for taking us along.