Friday, February 17, 2012

yucca bloom?

Someone sent me an interesting image on a chunk of wood...postmarked Phoenix, AZ but no return address or note.  Been thinking about using a "me and Benita" silhouette for a new tshirt design and I really like elements of this mystery image - let me know who you are.













Got some more metal siding up on the NE end of the greenhouse.  Due to wind - only got 4 sheets up.  Spotted an anomaly coming home from the mailboxes...a really tall yucca in full bloom about 1/2 mile east of TFL.  Kinda early for out here and pretty rare considering our drought conditions.  There must be a really good water source under that plant.49,60,46,0,B

6 comments:

Andy V said...

Darn! I have been working on a piece of Benita art but got beat to it! Her horns are a challenge. This one got it right. Nice.

deguello said...

Great job by mystery artist. John, hope you follow through with the tee shirt.

Allison said...

Yuccas are the most amazing plants. They're all spiny and alien looking, but they they produce the most beautiful flower spikes. The mystery artist has really captured Benita's essence.

MsBelinda said...

That is a great piece of art there. Kudos to the mystery artist.

p.s. only because I wanted to congratulate the artist, I am forcing my eyesight to make out the fuzzy word in the 2 word verification.

Allen Hare said...

Interesting piece of artwork. I noticed the printed words when I clicked to enlarge. Yours, lifted from the blog?

Nice bloom on that yucca. It looks so lush.

You're really getting a lot of finish work done on the greenhouse. It really is such an impressive structure.

still kicking said...

I just saw your 'story' and am thrilled that you can enjoy the REAL Texas. Your projects seem to be spurring others to consider downsizing and returning to the Earth. I am a Texan living in California and can only dream of what you must be experiencing. Bless you. Good health. I want one of the T-shirts.