Friday, May 25, 2012

gusty

Sudden business in Alpine this morning...gave me an excuse for more parts for plants and solar ovens.  Greeted by gully critters when I got home.  (BTW...thanks to Terlingua Ranch road maintenance techniques, this is where the original road used to be - they graded the bypass through multiple 5 acre tracts without owner's permission)  Winds out of the SSE all afternoon...25 to 35mph.













Got my Ladybugs today...going to release some tomorrow morning.  Mixed up some dirt batches for new planting pots.  I am being very scientific about this - native dirt + potting mix till it looks and feels like something a plant would be happy growing in.  89,101,70,0,W,0

5 comments:

Rev.JimmyLeeBob said...

What's the ph of that local dirt ?

rj said...

Herd pic is probably my favorite of all your captures...

Anonymous said...

i m a burro lover of yur pics, thanks (looks pretty dry down there)

One Texan said...

Love your blog man. I just stumbled across it and your way of life is very inspirational to me. Seriously considering doing this in a few years.

Allen Hare said...

That's a lot of burros, man.

Interested to see how the ladybugs are packed in that container.

Scientific Guesstimation.