Monday, November 11, 2013

GPS Catch

Decided checking my geocache would be a good excuse to play with my new GPS.  Discovered two things.  1.The cache is still there and loaded with goodies for the next person to find it.
 2.Maria never updated the correct coordinates.
Thanks to premium member afudc (with over 13,000 logged finds) who was first on the scene - he had listed the correct numbers in his logged visit and some of the folks who came after him had used his coordinates to find the cache.  A couple others were completely lost and I had to show them where to find it.  Maria was supposed to update the coordinates but it must have slipped her mind.  Anyway...the correct numbers are there now so come and get it.  Now that I'm registered on the site, I might have to start tracking down some of the other geocaches in the area.  I had no idea there were so many in the US.  62,80,45,0,B,0

3 comments:

Him said...

I've been a geocacher off and on now since 2004, it's a fun hobby especially for someone who travels a lot. John, I can see you getting into this and doing some creative cache hiding in the area. The cache on your property is a mystery or unknown type cache which would normally involve solving a puzzle in order to find the correct location. http://www.geocaching.com/about/cache_types.aspx

John Wells said...

Ahhhh...another mistake Maria made when she set this cache up...this is a traditional geocache, not a mystery type. I can't seem to be able to change that designation.

Kevint said...

Maybe the mystery was that Maria gave the wrong coordinates. :)

There are an unbelievable number of caches around.

Wouldn't mind seeing one turn up somewhere around the Solitario.