Thursday, October 13, 2016

dental update

Something about my last dentist visits left a bad taste in my mouth.  The dentist I saw initially didn't have very good "chair side manner" and seemed more concerned about moving on to the next patient than about the one she just yanked a tooth out of.  Decided to get a second opinion on the work I still need done from a local favorite that has worked in the area for years.  It was like night and day.  I hate going to the dentist but this one was very accomodating and willing to make a little effort beyond just digging around in my mouth and getting paid.  Cancelled my further appointments with the first dentist and got printouts of my xrays for the new dentist (that saved me a hundred bucks right there).  I go back in 2 weeks to get a major cleaning, filling, and extraction from someone I actually like for $300 less than the first dentist was going to charge me.  Another plus - I am Facebook friends with the hygenist who will be scraping my teeth to the gums.  82,89,67,0,B

7 comments:

JohnnyM said...

Nothing better than a good hygienist & Denist. I go to the local hygienist school, $20 penning, & 4 hours. However the amount of timee - being taught how to correctly brush the teeth, tongue & roof has been benificial.

Smackmama said...

I went through Valentine on my way to Van Horn. It was snowing so hard that night that I missed it.

John Wells said...

Dr. Korus was in Valentine for years but recently moved her practice to Alpine.

Margery Billd said...

I remember reading about her. Good person.

John Wells said...

Just found my new dentist was featured on Texas Country Reporter a couple of years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHeVmkSF5Qo

Larry G said...

well... you will likely not enjoy the teeth cleaning - especially if you have not had it done in a while... but it will allow them to better assess the teeth and decide what else might need to be done... or not... one of those little "perks" of "civilization" where many folks in the rest of the world don't have that luxury!

Herb said...

You call those type of dentists "drill, fill and bill" dentists. No real concern for your comfort or satisfaction. Been there done that.