Tuesday, July 13, 2010

gate keepers...

Dick Cain was out riding the range today with his son and his brother.  They pushed the longhorns back away from the highway...most of them ended up right in my front yard.  This is the group that settled in to guard the Field Lab entrance. 

Well the heat is back....Cleaned house then searched for the software disc for my Canon G9 to no avail - must dig deeper.  During my supply run yesterday, I stocked up on more bread making parts.  Started another batch of alfalfa for supplementing my dinner menu and some wheat berries for my second attempt at the perfect loaf.  My IT guy in the UK sent me this link for Easy Crusty Bread which I mixed up tonight for baking tomorrow.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx0HXr-C_wQ   The next sprout bread attempt will be on Thursday.

Lots of puffy clouds in the area this afternoon.  Plenty of spotty downpours all over Brewster county and finally a brief one right on top of me for about a half hour at 8PM.  85,104,79, .06",B

13 comments:

KE5MIL said...

I'll Email it to you...

KE5MIL said...

The link for the Canon G9 drivers and software that is...

Darin said...

Just go to the main Canon website of http://usa.canon.com and key in the searchword of 'powershot g9' and that will take you directly to the download page.

That CD you had is most likely out of date and a much newer driver set is available.

Darin said...

hmmm... just checked the site and it looks like the zoombrowser software will require your CD. Guess they don't want anyone to have the full copy without proof of ownership. You may have to call Canon unless someone here has the disk to send you or post on a weblink for you to download.

KE5MIL said...

Hmmm, I guess that explains why John is digging for the disc.
Good Luck!

Dani said...

Hi John

Would you like to share your solar bread recipe? How long do you leave it in your oven for?

Thanks
Dani

Dani said...

P.S. Tried to watch the video - can't get past the 54 second mark -would anyone like to e-mail me the recipe and instructions? Please?

My addy is: dani@ecofootprint.co.za

Many, many thanks

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos

neil said...

Great cloud photo! Thanks.

Recipe
3 cups of normal flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
1 1/2 cups water

1 Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
2 Add water and mix into rough dough to get rid of most of the lumps of dry flour
3 Cover bowl with towel and raise for 12-18 hours
4 Turn out dough on a floured surface and shape quickly
5 Preheat oven with dutch oven inside including lid to 500 F
6 Cook dough inside dutch oven for 30 min with the lid on and the last 15 min with the lid off.
7 Cool on a wire rack
8 Enjoy

neil said...

Oops, make that...
1 1/4 teaspoons salt.
Here's the same vid with better audio...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU

Andrew Burnard said...

thanks Neil will have to try that.

AB

Dani said...

Thanks Neil

Brilliant :-)

Andrew Burnard said...

http://andrewcburnard.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html#4951243602299932752

Lets see if Mr Brittman is on to something, I mean Neil, I mean the IT guy,

AB