Saturday, July 31, 2010

in the zone...

1.  Figure out how to get all the metal up there without killing myself...check
2.  Figure out how to do it fast...check

I really wasn't in the mood to get started on the roofing today so I showered this morning instead.  Almost made an Alpine run but the swampy spot has already been chewed up pretty good my tourists.  How they got through I do not know.  Beatrice came running up to the truck as I was turning around - she was a little too frisky and I had no range feed for her.  She chased my truck about 100 yards at full gallop before giving up.

Came home and put on the work clothes and started the sky monkey routine.  That first sheet of roofing I clamped into place yesterday screwed down with ease.  Quickly figured out a routine that worked and ended up with 12 sheets in place by the end of the day.  56 more to go.  Good light wind day for handling the panels - only light breezes out of the south - that was just the right direction to help me.  I got a feeling this is going to go a lot faster than I dreaded.  91,94,71,0,C

11 comments:

mike said...

awww those cows are hungry

Shadowmoss said...

I keep trying to teach myself to just take the first step on projects I'm dreading and usually the rest works itself out. I also keep forgetting that. Glad it is going well.

Unknown said...

I am thrilled to see your progress!

Oh wow, Abilene's high temp today beat yours by ten degrees ... it was HOT today ... glad your weather down there was milder than normal!

ezrablu said...

You got a lot done today - glad you found your roofing groove...looks wonderful!

rj said...

A shady spot in the sun is coming soon.

Ben in Texas said...

Ok,JW,, how'd you get them lifted up there? I been thinking on how best to do it since you stuck the first one up.

Zole said...

JW, I've been watching your progress for quite awhile. It's really looking good.

Caboose said...

I like the progress you have made. It looks good.

Dani said...

Looks excellent - well done :-)

Pipsqeek said...

Brilliant progress. Wow.

Allen Hare said...

Onward and Upward! Way to go, John.