Saturday, July 17, 2010

Neil&Barb

Baked my loaf of "easy crusty bread" to perfection this morning in the gas grill (at 500 degrees).  Surprise visit from my new friends Neil and Barbara.  Managed to get back into spray mode for 2 hours then a 2 hour leisurely lunch at the GrubShack.  Had Eva make my BLT with some of my fresh baked bread.  She also made a grilled cheese (on my bread) for my buddy Dan.  Gave loaves of FL Beer Bread to Dan and to David. The 2 D's are the only ones that have had a problem with my Field Lab tshirs...Dan can't stand the fact that they are 10% polyester and David insists on a pocket.  Check out David's blog for more tales of life in the desert.  http://terlinguabound.blogspot.com/   Played with Benita for awhile then added 15 gallons to the solar shower and scrubbed off the week.  My new favorite thing to do is head to the Starlight for a couple of margaritas during the hot part of the afternoon, then come back home to work some more after it has cooled off.  Rather empowering to leave a bar early and get back to the grind. Sprayed 2 more hours away and I'm done for the day. Cheers!  91,101,72,0,C

7 comments:

ezrablu said...

Barb has a cool reflective cowboy hat on. I bet both those sandwiches were extra good with that homemade bread of yours...it does look pretty enough to eat.

John Wells said...

EZB...I will trade you a Field Lab tshirt, 4 Benita postcards, and a loaf of FL bread for some cheese curds....

Gavin Thomas said...

And the New World Economy is born. About time we went back to barter :)

The bread looks incredible. I feel like making a solar oven just to make bread.

Unknown said...

John, thanks for the link to David's blog. I almost couldn't stop reading. Love that guy. I bookmarked it so I can go back and read s'more and follow along with his efforts.

Guy Hodges said...

Glad to see you are making progress on the greenhouse John.

The shade will be a lifesaver!

art of anatomy said...

Love that photo of the bread . . . looks huge, like it's about to eat terlingua.

art of anatomy said...

Love that photo of the bread - it looks huge, like it's going to eat terlingua. I'm really enjoying your blog!