Monday, July 12, 2010

out'n'about...

Finally got out for a supply run to Alpine - seems like forever since I haven't had the threat of an afternoon thunderstorm hanging over my head.  Took some range feed with me on the way out and ran in to Benito - very cool when a longhorn comes when you call him - even more interesting to see the other grown longhorns watch and think as I hand feed my little buddy.  Spent pretty much the whole day 65 miles north.  Got lots of stuff and saw lots of folks.  Came home in plenty of time to treat Benita (and Marlys - she came up to the house when I called her by name), then added more mileage so I could have a couple of Margaritas at the Starlight.  BTW...I finished off the fire pit (with wings) yesterday morning - only 2 rocks to spare.  84.102,75,0,C

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my ... it's pretty :)

eriko said...

Cows are much smarter than most give them credit for.
Here is a lovely write up by someone about why she has cows. http://honeyrockdawn.com/2010/05/five-reasons-to-have-a-cow/

She also had coyote and a tomcat among other animals. The cat is the alpha male of the pack.

I have no relation to this of her daily coyote site. I just like the stories and pictures.

Andy V said...

Nice sky.

Allen Hare said...

Simply beautiful picture - composition, sky, wall & fire pit. They are a great accent to your place. It's nice having all the rock you care to gather, free to use, to build whatever you want.