Tuesday, July 16, 2013

There is something on my back...

Ben got his new bareback pad to try on today...something light to get used to before I try that old saddle on him.  First attempt and he was like a bull coming out of the gate. Second attempt and he just stood there like nothing happened.  Bud was awfully curious about the outfit, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want one too. Unfortunately, I didn't read the small print when I ordered it...no girth strap included.  No wonder it was on sale.  No luck finding just that piece online so I will have to come up with a creative solution....I'm thinking velcro.  80,92,66,0,B,0

8 comments:

Indyanny said...

Velcro, of course, a swiss invention.

Indyanny said...

Velcro, of course, a swiss invention.

B said...

Hi John, you could use a velcro strap that they use for knee boards. They are wide, sturdy and padded.

ssssssnake1 said...

practice with a skyhook to ease the landing

Blogger Profile said...

On the horses we use neoprene girths. For the straps, leather. But we are riding for miles and miles (of Texas), not sure what's best for a longhorn as I've never rode one...yet.

Dale said...

Alas poor Ben, shorn of any chance of immortality and now a carnival oddity.

John Wells said...

Interesting take on the situation Dale....ever had any neutered/domesticated pets? No chance of immortality and now prisoners in your home.

Dale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.