Wednesday, May 17, 2017

bee protest?

When I went to feed Ben this morning I found a swarm of bees in his trough.  That has never happened.  Pretty sure these guys were just passing by and dropped in for a drink and a swim (or perhaps to see what all the internet fuss was about) and not part of my local hive.  They were all gone by the time I had drained it down half way.  Decided it was the perfect excuse to clean out his big bowl.  Ben was quite curious about it once I tipped it up to dry out this evening.  He will be on his little bowl for a couple of days.  90,92,68,0,B

9 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Nice fresh water.

Unknown said...

Im kinda confused about Benita, seems a girl's name, but..

John Wells said...

L Bean...Benita was an old longhorn cow that was a mascot of sorts here for a couple of years. She died of old age (24) in 2012. Ben is a steer and not related to Benita. http://thefieldlab.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-benita.html

Unknown said...

Ahh.. Thanks for the clarification.

John Wells said...

Just read all 3171 of my blog posts and you will be up to speed...

Unknown said...

Hahahahahaaa! So dry, so funny!

Ronald Mahan said...

Those burros outside Ben's pen - look like they are eyeing Ben's alfalfa hay - laying just inside the fence.

Herb said...

Just be sure to watch out for the Africanized bees. That could be bad.

John Wells said...

Africanized bees are pretty low on my list of worries. I am more likely to be struck by lighting.