Sunday, May 21, 2017

this won't end well...

This has got to be the most pathetic scam email I have ever received.
Wrong on so many levels...

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.  Galatians 6:7

"Therefore we must call upon God, He has promised to help: therefore let me not think Him to be false or untrue to His promises, for we can not dishonor God more than by not believing or trusting in Him. Therefore let us beware above all things of dishonoring God; and so we must be patient, trusting and most certainly believing that He will deliver us when it seems good to Him, who knows the time better than we ourselves."  Hugh Latimer 1485-1555    

6 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Disgusting. I got one recently that was unbelievable. Also the grammar was bad. I was dumbfounded. They were even going to send a trunk with the 4 Mil.$ to my front door for my help.

Margery Billd said...

You know they come from Nigeria. I have seen a few specials about it on t.v.

Smackmama said...

The sad part of it all is that there is one gullible person that will fall for it.

Unknown said...

There was, awhile back, a group called "419eaters" who made it their personal mission to make life as miserable as possible for these scammers. Their logic was the more time the scammers spent dealing with the 419eaters, the less time the scammers had to prey on less-educated folks.

The results were pretty entertaining, as seen here....

http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

I tried doing this once, having received an email from a guy saying he was hiding funds for his deposed uncle or somesuch. I launched into a story of how I was actually a private military contractor with a team that could possibly restore his uncle to power. I preceded to gradually feed the emailer a backstory and pics of my team....Rick, the "procurer"; a guy who had connections everywhere and could get anything. Thomas, the muscle; a former Navy SEAL. Higgins; former British military and an intelligence expert. Lastly, myself, Calvin, a former helicopter pilot.

I had them going for about two weeks until I sent the pic of Tom Selleck. :D

Off Grid Research said...

John,
I didn't see it... What kind of rain did you get yesterday?

susan said...

My favorite was the one about the Nigerian astronaut.