Sunday, May 28, 2017

spiritually discerned...

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank God we have the Bible.

pamit said...

I'm confused. May we know the "deep things of God" or not? Each sentence in this passage seems to contradict the last. Hmm. Back in my youth, I remember there was a translation of the Bible that was written in plain (modern) English. Was it called "Good News" or something like that? My recollection is that the adults in the church didn't like it, but the youth did. Anyway I remember referring to it when I really wanted to understand what was being said. But I loved the poetry-like thee's and thou's, more than I wanted to understand.

Thanks for letting this old atheist lady conjure up a memory from her Bible-totin' youth :-)

Margery Billd said...

Amen, Sam.

Unknown said...

"And ye shall seek me, and find me,
when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
(Jeremiah 29:13)

nancy said...

Thank you for posting these verses.